Welcome

You take me as I am
Into your new scarred hands
and when I run so far away
you always call me back again
into your open arms
not matter what ive done
amazing grace has found me here
because of what you've done, for me

PlanetShakers - Weight of the World

Profile
astO loves her friends, bowling, baking, bowling, reading, bowling, writing, bowling, ManUtd, bowling.

Music
Kutless, The Lads, Switchfoot, MercyMe, Stacie Oricco, Avalon, blah blah blah

Recent updates
Can't get to Sleep.
Good Morning.
Aldo Shoes.
Flooding
New Shoes and Car (maybe)
Life's Like That
New Blogskin
Sick
Upset? Disappointed?
Brunswick Punisher


Archives
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008


Friends
*Aaron
*Adrian
*Augustine
*Beatrice
*Charlene
*Christine
*Dana
*Daryl
*Gillian
*Gwen
*Izk
*Jason (Hsien Xian)
*Jill
*Jinghui
*Justin
*Kenneth
*Marian
*Nick
*Philothea
*Royston
*Sharon

Credits
Designer: akiyu
Image: [Double Rainbow]
Brushes: [X]
Hosts: Photobucket ; Blogger
Keep Your Standards High.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Boo back to you Adrian. And hello Jinghui! I miss you all!
My posts are so long these few days, I'm starting to feel like a long winded grandmother. Well, besides that, there's nothing much for me to do. Just writing and bowling. I came across this poem in a book that I absolutely love. I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris. If you're in the cycle of endless dating without knowing where your final destination is, read it. [Note from author - Not that I'm in that position. Because to people, I'm not worth dating.] Get to the stores and buy it. The poem maybe written in old style, but get past that. You'll see what I mean.


A Woman's Question - Lena Lathrop

Do you know you have asked for the costliest thing
Ever made by the Hand above?
A woman's heart, and a woman's life-
And a woman's wonderful love.

Do you know you have asked for this priceless thing
As a child might ask for a toy?
Demanding what others have died to win,
With a reckless dash of a boy.

You have written my lesson of duty out,
Manlike, you have questioned me.
Now stand at the bars of my woman's soul
Until I shall question thee.
You require your mutton shall always be hot,
Your socks and your shirt be whole;
I require your heart be true as God's stars
And as pure as his heaven your soul.

You require a cook for your mutton and beef,
I require a far greater thing;
A seamstress you're wanting for socks and shirts-
I look for a man and a king.

A king for the beautiful realm called Home,
And a man that his Maker, God,
Shall look upon as He did on the first
And say: "It is very good."

I am fair and young, but the rose may fade
From this soft young cheek one day;
Will you love me then 'mid the falling leaves,
As you did 'mong the blossoms of May.

Is your heart an ocean so strong and true,
I may launch my all on its tide?
A loving woman finds heaven or hell
On the day she is made a bride.

I require all things that are grand and true,
All things that a man should be;
If you give this all, I would stake my life,
To be all you demand of me.

If you cannot be this, a laundress and cook
You can hire and little to pay;
But a woman's heart and a woman's life
Are not to be won that way.

I know this poem may be talking about marriage. But doesn't it speaks to dating people as well? Keep your standards high as you consider even the possibility of dating. Because a guy who asks of you to lower it, is not worth your time. To sum it all up, read the book!


Rainbows still Occur. @5:11 pm
0 comments